Search for a course...
Pre Access to Higher Education Programme
This course offers the opportunity to gain several GCSEs in order to start the Access to Higher Education the following year
Duration: One year, 3 days a week from 9am to 3pm, from September to June
Course Code: F04411
Course Code: F04411
The first year of a 2-year Access to Higher Education programme is a full time course for people returning to education. Successful completion of Year 1 enables progression to the Access to Higher Education programme.
What does the programme include?
- GCSEs in English, Science and Maths. GCSE in Additional Science is also available for those wishing to progress to the Access to HE Science pathway. We are currently looking at a far larger selection of GCSEs and this information will be available as soon as a decision has been made, in conjunction with Higher Education institutions.
- Study Skills to help with this course and prepare you for future study.
Successful diagnostic test in Maths and English
Work experience and previous qualifications will also be taken into account, as well as your reasons for wanting to take the programme.
Students should be aged 19 or over.
Progress & Assessment
Assessment is by GCSE examination and coursework. Students who are succssful on Year 1 will be able to progress on to Year 2 of the Access to Higher Education Programme.
Which courses can I move on to?:
- Access to Higher Education - Teacher Training
- Access to Higher Education - Science
- Access to Higher Education - Healthcare Practitioners
- Access to Higher Education - Humanities & Social Science/Humanities & Arts
Fees for the 2013/14 academic year are currently under review. Figures given below are indicative only and subject to change. Fees will be posted here as soon as they become available.
Students aged 19 or over may qualify for free tuition under certain circumstances. Please ask our Student Services Guidance counsellors for details.
If you are under the age of 19 the Pre-A level programme may be of interest to you.
School of Access and Advanced Education
For further details please contact the Information Office on 01522 876274