Lincoln College Open Day
01 May, 2019 – 4:30pm - 8:00pm
WHO IS IT SUITABLE FOR?
This engaging and motivating Vocationally Related Qualification (VRQ) is generally aimed at learners who have a keen interest to learn about maintenance of various types of transport and different roles that are available in the retail motor industry.
This qualification consists of a combination of units from:
• Health and Safety practices
• Foundation Skills
• Personal Social Development (PSD)
• Light Vehicle
• Heavy Vehicle
• Cycle Maintenance
• Electrically Propelled Awareness
This Generic route for Transport Maintenance allows learners to have the flexibility to develop their knowledge and skills across a variety of specialist areas to prepare them for further studies and potentially enter into a job role they desire in the future.
• Demonstration of a good interest in Automotive Engineering
• Acceptable level of competence gauged as part of a synoptic assessment completed as part of our application process
• GCSE grade 2 in Maths and English
• Ability to find and complete a minimum of 30 hours of work experience.
It can support their progress to a Foundation (Level 1) or Higher (Level 2) Diploma and also supplement their progress to GCSEs and other appropriate destinations, such as apprenticeships and employment.
Fees listed are for those aged 19 years and over only. Fees are subject to change, concessions may apply. Please note that where stated, fees are for the first year of a course only. Please contact us for information and advice.