Lincoln College Open Day
09 October, 2019 – 4:30PM - 8:00PM
WHO IS IT SUITABLE FOR?
This Vocationally Related Qualification (VRQ) is for college learners aged 16-19 learners wishing to enter into the Vehicle Maintenance sector of the Automotive Industry.
Learners with a keen interest in vehicle maintenance will have the opportunity to develop and enhance their knowledge and skills.
This qualification is practical and engaging to motivate and support learners to gain key knowledge and skills required by vehicle maintenance employers, specialising in Light Vehicles.
With mandatory requirement for employer engagement, learners get the opportunity to experience the real workplace environment.
- Demonstration of a good interest in Automotive Engineering
- Acceptable level of competence gauged as part of a synoptic assessment completed as part of our application process
- GCSE grade 4 in Maths and English is desirable
- Completion of an Automotive Light Vehicle Level one Certificate or Diploma is desirable
- Ability to find and complete a minimum of 30 hours of work experience.
Upon achieving this qualification, learners can progress onto further training and education in automotive and engineering subjects (including apprenticeship) or to a job role in the vehicle maintenance sector.
For this qualification, learners must complete:
- Online Assessments - Each mandatory group has an online assessment. Optional and additional units chosen may also require online assessments to be taken.
- Core Unit (synoptic assessment) - This assessment is achieved through completion of unit Group B. It assesses both skills and knowledge obtained from Mandatory units
- Portfolio of evidence - This is required to prove learning outcomes are achieved through practical and tasks performed. IMI provides sample support material of practical and written tasks for optional use.
Fees listed are for those aged 19 years and over only. Fees are subject to change, concessions may apply. Please note that where stated, fees are for the first year of a course only. Please contact us for information and advice.