Lincoln College Open Day
01 May, 2019 – 4:30pm - 8:00pm
The need for adult social care continues to rise at a time when the system supporting that care is rapidly and significantly changing. With around 1.5 million people working in adult social care in England, care workers need up-to-date support and guidance in order to provide adequate person-centred care.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Evidence your competency to employers
• Learn how to handle hazardous substances and medication
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Course Content (Units):
1. Principles of communication
2. Principles of personal development
3. Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion
4. Principles of safeguarding and protection
5. Introduction to duty of care
6. Understand the role of the social care worker
7. Understand person-centred approaches
8. Understand health and safety
9. Understand how to handle information
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Online assessment – workbook and submit answers online
• Flipbook – online PDF workbook
• Paper based – complete workbooks and return to college
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Health Care Sector. You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Continued on line assessment throughout the course. You will be expected to complete and submit units on a regular basis.