Lincoln College Open Day
01 May, 2019 – 4:30pm - 8:00pm
Challenging behaviour is causing increasing concern today as many individuals have increasing levels of stress and uncertainty in their lives. This behaviour can be due to factors such as anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and conditions like dementia. Understanding the causes of challenging behaviour is the first step towards finding ways to support individuals and manage their behaviour.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
• Further your personal and professional development.
• Learn at a time that suits you without having to attend college.
Course Content (Units):
1 Understand behaviour that challenges
2 Understand how to support positive behaviour
3 Understand the importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
4 Understand the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Flipbook – online PDF workbook.
• Online assessment – work through workbook and submit answers online.
• Paper based – complete workbooks and return to the college.
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to understand behaviour that challenges. You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Continued on line assessment throughout the course. You will be expected to complete and submit units on a regular basis.