The retail industry is subject to a number of pressures. These include changes in shopping habits and the recent economic downturn which reduced consumer spending. However, as consumer confidence begins to grow, it is important that retail support staff are fully trained and equipped to represent your business and to meet the needs of your customers. As removing staff from the ‘shop floor’ applies pressure to rotas, this training can be carried out in the learners own time via our tried and tested flexible learning approach.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Improve your handling of customer payments
• Improve how you deal with customer queries and complaints
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
• Better understanding of customer service in the retail industry
Course content (Units):
1. Understanding customer service in the retail sector
2. Understanding the retail selling process
3. Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
4. Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
5. Understanding retail consumer law
6. Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment
7. Understanding the handling of customer payments in a retail business
8. Understanding the control, receipt and storage of stock in a retail business
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Online assessment – work through workbook and submit answers online
• Paper based – complete workbooks and return to the college
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Retail Sector. You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Login or Register
Please login to apply online. Once logged in, you can part-save your applications, view your past applications, see the status of your applications and make future applications faster. Once you have been made an offer of a college place, you will also be able to enrol via this portal.
Already registered? Login using this form.
Not registered? Register using this form.