Duration: 12 weeks
Newark Centre - Wednesday 6.00 pm / Thursday 6.00 pm PCDL. Please state your preference in your application.
Introduction to Pottery Beginners level
Over this twelve week course, students will study the following:
- Introduction to course, workshop facilities, health and safety. Types of clay and clay preparation. Hand built forms, pinch pots
- Hand built forms - coil pots.
- Continue with coiled forms.
- Prepare slabs with textured surface for slab forms. Construct slab forms.
- Press moulded dishes – various approaches to slip decoration.
- Glazing techniques – basic theory, pouring and dipping. Review understanding of techniques. Complete all work
- Work with soft slabs, cylinders etc.
- Developing large coiled forms
- Continue making large coiled forms
- Advanced glazing techniques – wax resist, double dipping.
- Individual choice.
- Individual choice. Glazing and complete all work. Review understanding of techniques
There are no qualifications required for this course. This course is only available to learners aged 19+
There is no formal assessment
£132 including materials