Duration: 12 weeks, 2 hours per week
Newark Centre - Friday 10.00am PCDL
Introduction to Pottery Beginners level
Over this twelve week course, students will study the following:
• Introduction to course, workshop facilities, health and safety. Types of clay and clay preparation. Hand built forms, pinch pots
• Hand built forms - coil pots.
• Continue with coiled forms.
• Prepare slabs with textured surface for slab forms. Construct slab forms.
• Press moulded dishes – various approaches to slip decoration.
• Glazing techniques – basic theory, pouring and dipping. Review understanding of techniques. Complete all work
• Work with soft slabs, cylinders etc.
• Developing large coiled forms
• Continue making large coiled forms
• Advanced glazing techniques – wax resist, double dipping.
• Individual choice.
• Individual choice. Glazing and complete all work. Review understanding of techniques
There are no qualifications required for this course. This course is only available to learners aged 19+
There is no formal assessment
£132 includes materials