HE (University Level) Open Day
05 December, 2017 – 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
For all course enquiries please call the Course Enquiry Line on 030 030 32435
Changes made by the Government mean that young people now have to continue learning post-16.
The following options are available for young people after Year 11:
- Full-time education (this can be school, college or home education)
- Work-based learning, such as an Apprenticeship.
- Part-time education or training if they are employed, self-employed or volunteering for more than 20 hours a week.
Young people now have to continue in education until at least their 18th Birthday; they should start planning ahead from Year 9 onwards to make sure that they are aware of the options that are available to them - this will help them make informed choices that will impact their long-term career prospects.
Young people who continue education post-16 are more likely to:
- Continue to further and higher levels of education
- Receive the skills, qualifications, knowledge and experience to improve future prospects - leading to an improved quality of life.
- Avoid long periods of unemployment
Got a question? Our Student Services Team can help:
Lincoln: 01522 876000
Gainsborough: 01427 617471
Newark: 01636 680680Find out more