This course is a level 3 single unit qualification that covers high level IT user skills in Microsoft Excel. It is designed for people who are looking to gain an advanced level of understanding and capability in the use of Microsoft Excel to produce advanced spreadsheet outputs.
The course syllabus covers how to:
- Apply advanced formatting options such as conditional formatting and customised number formatting and handle worksheets.
- Use functions such as those associated with logical, statistical, financial and mathematical operations.
- Create charts and apply advanced chart formatting features.
- Work with tables and lists to analyse, filter and sort data. Create and use scenarios.
- Validate and audit spreadsheet data.
- Enhance productivity by working with named cell ranges, macros and templates.
- Use linking, embedding and importing features to integrate data.
- Collaborate on and review spreadsheets. Apply spreadsheet security features.
We offer a flexible learning style to fit around other commitments. Learn at your own pace, at times to suit you, in a relaxed and friendly environment with support from our qualified and experienced tutors. We also offer distance learning to allow you to fit study in around busy lifestyles.
You must hold a Level 2 qualification in IT, be aged 19+ the previous August, a resident in the UK/EU for 3 years or longer and hold a Level 1 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy.
A mandatory ICT diagnostic is required for this level which will determine if this is a suitable course of study for you.
Login or Register
Please login to apply online. Once logged in, you can part-save your applications, view your past applications, see the status of your applications and make future applications faster. Once you have been made an offer of a college place, you will also be able to enrol via this portal.
Already registered? Login using this form.
Not registered? Register using this form.