Apprenticeship Level Location PDF
Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People’s Workforce 2 Download
Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (Early Years Educator) 3 Download
Children, Young People and Families Practitioner 4 Download
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education and School Sport 3 Download
Residential Childcare 3 Download
Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools 2 Download
Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools 3 Download
Activity Leadership 2 Download

Government Incentives

Extra support for small employers

Employers with fewer than 50 people working for them will not have to pay the 10% contribution for an apprentice who is aged between:

  • 16-18 years old
  • 19-24 years old and who has previously been in care or who has an Education, Health and Care Plan provided by their local authority

The Government will pay 100% of he training costs for these individuals, up to the funding band maximum.

Training Younger Apprentices

All employers will receive £1,000 if at the start of the apprenticeship, if the apprentice is aged between:

  • 16-18 years old
  • 19-24 years old and who has previously been in care or who has an Education, Health and Care Plan provided by their local authority

This payment will be made to the employer in two equal instalments via the training provider.

The Next Steps

To find out more about using apprenticeships to develop your current staff or take on new recruits call: 0845 270 7227 or email: employers@lincolncollege.ac.uk

Zig Zag

Funding Apprenticeships

How much will it cost me?

You can get help from the Government to pay for apprenticeships training and assessment. The amount you get depends on whether you pay the apprenticeship levy or not. You will pay the apprenticeship levy if you’re an employer with a pay bill over £3 million each year.

Paying the Levy

If you pay the apprenticeship levy, you’ll receive funds back through the apprenticeship service to spend on training and assessing your apprentices. The Government will add 10% to these funds.

The first step is to sign in or create a new account on the apprenticeship service to fund your apprenticeships. Our staff can help you do this.

If you don’t need to pay the Apprenticeship Levy

As an employer who doesn’t pay the apprenticeship levy, you will need to pay us directly for training your apprentices.

You pay 10% towards the cost of training and assessing your apprentice. The Government will pay the rest (90%) directly to us.