A variety of health and wellbeing and mental health and wellbeing policies, beneﬁts and initiatives are in place, which make every effort to address employees’ health and wellbeing needs.
- Having a structured surveying of staff, analysis and communication.
- Ensuring compulsory workforce development to enable staff to identify and be aware of both their own and others health, including mental health awareness and stress management training.
- Implementing and advertising an annual calendar of health and wellbeing events, activities and supportive information.
- Exceptional Communication – A dedicated page on Employee Wellbeing page on Workplace, which is used to promote ﬁtness and wellbeing initiatives.
- Promotion of college policies and factsheets available to staff, providing useful support, contacts and information.
- Dedicated Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy Group to ensure the implementation of the Mental Health and Wellbeing Action Plan.
- Health and Wellbeing as a ﬁxed agenda item on all team meetings.
- Cross College Health and Wellbeing Champions to feedback staff ideas.
- Special Leave of Absence Policy, which supports staff with additional time off to deal with personal or urgent issues.
- Flexible Ways of Working Policy which promotes ﬂexible working options for all staff from day one of employment.
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including free access to telephone counselling services.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Toolkit for Managers (which brings together a variety of mental health related resources from organisation such as Mind, Remploy, Mindful Employer and CIPD) and is designed to support managers to promote wellbeing for all staff, tackle the cause of work-related mental health problems and support staff who are experiencing mental health problems.
- Menopause Employee Support - Launched as part of menopause awareness day October 2021. Further information can be found on the following page - Menopause Support
Please contact Kerri Robson (HR Manager) if you have any queries regarding our employee health and wellbeing initiatives.