Our short courses, which can be completed in less than a day, are a fantastic way to upskill, stay compliant with legislation, or progress your career.
Find the right course for you here.
How to apply
You'll find our full course listings at the bottom of this page.
- To start, please pick your course If you do require any support with this, we are available to speak with you. Please call the Online Learning team tel: 01522 876203.
- Start your application to enrol online This will take you 30 minutes approx. You will also need to provide a copy of your ID, along with a passport-style photograph for your student ID (where applicable)
- Digital Engagement will now create your Student Record You will receive an email to advise that your enrolment request has been successful. Please check your junk folder for this.
- Once received, one of our Online Progress Coaches will call you within 3 working days This call is a requirement to get started on your course and is to make sure the course you have applied for is correct for you. We can also answer any questions you may have before getting started on your course.
- Once your start has been agreed upon, your Progress Coach will set up your Online Learning Account You will receive an email from the platform automatically to get logged in. We do advise checking your junk folder again for this.
No upfront costs
Our Level 2 online courses are fully funded via the Government Adult Education Budget. If you meet the criteria there is no cost to you.
To receive full funding you must:
- Be over the age of 19 from 31st August 2022
- Be a resident of England
- Be a British Citizen or have been living in the UK for purposes other than study (if you have had a student visa within the last three years you will not be eligible for funding)
- Have not completed this course or a similar course previously (refresher courses cannot be funded or if you have a qualification that is a similar course at a higher level)
- If you are aged between 19 and 23 then you must already possess a full Level 2 qualification or equivalent (five GCSEs at grade C or above, NVQ, apprenticeship, A Levels or a National BTEC)
- Learners cannot enrol on an online course if they are in any form of apprenticeship
Why choose distance learning?
- Distance learning online is a great way to return to education.
- A wide range of courses
- More choice and flexibility
- Anywhere at anytime
- Develop your skills
- On-going support
- Improved career prospects
I’ve never done a distance learning course before. What is involved? Once you have applied and enrolled online you will then be sent your login details, login portal link and target dates via email.
How much time do I need to commit to completing the course? As most of our courses are Level 2 (the equivalent of a GCSE) we advise you to commit a minimum of 4 - 6 hours a week to be able to manage the deadlines comfortably and fulfil the learning requirements.
Do I get deadline dates for the assessments to be completed? Yes. The nature of distance learning means that you learn independently without the support of classroom tutorials and by giving you deadlines it helps you to keep focused and engaged.
Are your courses recognised by employers? All our courses are accredited by UK government-recognised awarding bodies. These include NCFE and TQUK, with whom we work closely to ensure our existing courses, and all new ones, meet approved standards of excellence and are certified as such. NCFE TQUK is a national awarding organisation which designs, develops and certifies nationally recognised qualifications and awards.
Do I have to attend college? No. All of our courses are distance learning.
Do I have to sit an exam? No. You will work through a series of assessments on all courses.
Will I be charged if I withdraw from my course? We accept that sometimes there are exceptional circumstances where it simply isn’t possible for you to complete your course. We will work with you to find an appropriate solution. However, if you are studying on a free course and choose to withdraw you may have to pay a fee to cover administration costs of £100.
What support will I receive during my studies? You will receive support from a dedicated online tutor and progress coach throughout your studies.
When is the start date? You can apply at any time throughout the year and approximately a week after your enrolment you will be able to start your course.
How long is the course? Course duration varies course by course dependent on units, ranging from 4 weeks to 30 weeks.
What if I can’t answer a question? Please get in touch with us. You will be assigned a progress coach and a tutor throughout your course that you can contact by email who can talk you through what is required. Please email the Online Learning Team.