Launched in September 2016, at our Lincoln Campus, we have seen our students’ progress into exciting careers in the RAF, Anglian Water, Mercedes Benz, ITP Engineering and Minebea Engineering.
Our industry partners include: The Royal Air Force, Raytheon, Thales, AAR, Northrop Grumman, Leonardo and MASS.
Our carefully designed study programmes, which have been shaped by our industry partners, offer a unique blend of academic education and technical training, infused with an additional focus on leadership, communication and team building.
Our students will get involved with industry-set projects, co-designed by employers - equipping them to enter their career of choice, ahead of the game and ready to progress.
Students also get to take part in a packed schedule of activities including residential adventure training, RAF base visits and industry expert speaker visits. All students enter the Industrial Cadets Scheme which is an industry recognised award that is great on your CV and will give you the real life practical experience to succeed in the workplace.
College students will spend a significant proportion of time experiencing industry environments first-hand through an extensive programme of work experience. Industry experts will join their tutors at College to pass on their knowledge and experience.
Core academic study areas like Maths, English and Science will be contextualised to the specialism of the College, digital skills development will be a major priority.
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Avionics Engineering Technician
- General Engineering Technician
- Vehicle Engineering Technician
Computer Science (Lincoln):
- Cyberspace Communication Specialist
- Avionics Technician
- Logistics Chef
- Hospitality Specialist
- Studied at the relevant Air & Defence College site, including practical workshops on campus
- Programme includes employability skills (attitudinal goals) and Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and Maths (dependent upon existing qualifications)
- Approximately 34 hours per week in College/employer-setting
- A blend of practical and theory with a range of assessment methods, a minimum of 3 hours per week of personal training to develop physical fitness
- Progression to Level 3, employment or an apprenticeship
Work Ready Experiences
- You will undertake 30-hours of work-related activity linked closely to the Defence industry
- You will participate in the National Citizenship Service scheme (NCS)
- You will participate in the Industrial Cadets Gold programme
- You will be assessed against the BRTC Attitude Goal requirements at Grade A throughout your study
- You will participate in activities around Science, Technology, English and Maths (STEM) led by our industry support partners and the RAF
- You will participate in general and trade RAF Station visits
- You will participate in a week-long residential visit developed by the RAF consisting of outdoor and adventurous activities, including high/low ropes activities; climbing; and mountain walking
How to apply?
Just look at the courses at the bottom of this page - click the one you want and then click 'apply now'.
Take a look around the building where our Air & Defence training takes place: